The primary responsibility of the Legislative Committee is to facilitate the distribution of information relating to legislative bills and issues relevant to municipal finance and related topics.
Specific tasks and guidance include the following:
- Act as a facilitator to bring interested members together to discuss legislative issues that impact municipal finance.
- Monitor proposed bills of the State Legislature that have an impact on municipal finance.
- Monitor proposed bills at the Federal level that have an impact on municipal finance
- For issues where different local governments are on opposing sides of an issue, provide neutral, factual information concerning the issue to the membership.
- For issues where TML has taken a position, provide neutral, factual information concerning the issue to the membership and refrain from opposition to TML’s stated position.
- Serve as a liaison between the organization and TML, bringing up concerns of the membership to the attention of the TML Legislative Program
2017 Legislative Update
The regular legislative session has concluded and one or more special sessions are to follow. The GFOAT Legislative Committee wishes to thank all of the members of this committee and others in the GFOAT organization who worked hard to read and comment on the many bills we tried to follow.
GFOAT LEGISLATIVE COMMITTEE
Chair – John Zagurski, Budget Manager, Trophy Club
Rhett Clark, Finance Director, City of Burleson
Chris Foster, Manager of Resource Planning & Integration, City of Georgetown
Janina Jewell, Finance Director, City of Euless
Chris Sharp, CPM, Assistant City Manager, City of Canyon
Christopher Smith, Budget Analyst, City of North Richland Hills
Rebecca Underhill, Assistant City Manager, City of League City