Promoting Excellence in Government Finance!
GFOAT is committed to providing innovative, engaging, and accessible training to support the professionalism and integrity of the finance official.
- Members’ behavior is always ethical and ethical considerations are at the forefront of their decision making.
- Members are seen as politically neutral, fact-based professionals.
- GFOAT is the go-to source for reliable government financial information.
GFOAT is committed to strengthening members’ knowledge and skills by being the go-to training organization for the professional development of government finance officials in Texas.
- Develop strong educational content with significant Continuing Professional Education (CPE) opportunities using nationally recognized training resources.
- Focus on technology-driven content delivery options for specialized training.
- Leverage a large network of knowledgeable members and sponsors serving as subject matter experts and trainers.
Recognizing that members only benefit from active participation, GFOAT will strive to:
- Develop a right-sized range of offerings that will engage more members.
- Proactively adapt and change as the needs of the organization change.
- Have a special focus on efforts to engage and support small and rural communities.
GFOAT is committed to the sustainability of the organization and the finance profession.
- Use personal outreach to develop leadership through active committee membership and identifying future board members.
- Provide multiple venues of participation to those new to the government profession in Texas.
- Provide low-cost, value-driven leadership training resources for future leaders.